Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I LOVE LANGUAGES! If I could do anything for a job it would be to learn languages. I like to immerse myself in a language, learn it, live it, speak it like a native. I like to make mistakes while learning the language, so many that I become fluent in the language. What I am saying, is that the mistakes cause breakthroughs in understanding the very meat of the language. I feel alive when I study French, Arabic, Portuguese, or what ever language I am pursuing. My favorite setting for learning a language is of course in it's country of origin. I did this in France and Costa Rica and they were some of the most exhilarating times of my life. Oh that is what I love to do and that is what I WANT to do. But some how I am stuck. Stuck in my job. Also, another love in my life is my boyfriend whom I adore and enjoy my life with everyday. However, because I am in a relationship, I cannot pursue my other dream and passion which is my languages. Oh the conflicts! If I was single, I am telling you right now that I would be in Italy studying Italian. Darn it. For now I can just appease myself by studying the languages here at home (phooey! NOT THE SAME!). But it hurts so much that I cannot pursue my dreams. You know on one hand I am living one dream, I live with the love of my life in peace, yet I still struggle with my extreme yearning for my languages. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home